And you, are you shedding light on all your security events?
There are many reasons why access management policies are often unsatisfactorily applied in companies:
- There are heterogeneous pieces of information everywhere, with no history
- Data are technical but interpretation is functional
- Responsibilities for the entitlement management process are split up and roles are not always clearly defined: application and repository managers, administrators, security managers…
This situation cannot be solved overnight. Still, companies expose themselves to many risks if they are not able to demonstrate their control over user access to the Information System.
Brainwave’s approach to entitlement management is a progressive and demonstrable process, which makes it possible to obtain quick results while demonstrating a continuous and visible improvement.
Brainwave Identity GRC provides:
- An instant 360° overview of users and entitlements
- A rule engine to identify risks and compliance gaps
- 80 out-of-the-box reports for all parties involved (application managers, security officers, managers…)
The more you use the solution, the more valuable it becomes:
- Comprehensive entitlement history (who had access to what on January 24th?)
- Definition and follow up of security & compliance indicators (measure, target and trend)
- Refinement of entitlement models and compliance policies using an iterative approach and a statistical model
- Automation of technical tasks such as data feed and report generation, thus reducing load and delay
The security manager has the required tools to manage access rights: knowledge (historical and to-date data), assessments (gaps and risks), plans (access reviews, action plans), communication (reports and dashboards).